What terms and conditions are we making changes to?
We are making changes to the following terms and conditions:
You can view the new terms and conditions by clicking on the links above. We have also taken this opportunity to provide you with a summary of some of the core changes below.
Why are we making changes to our terms and conditions?
We are making changes due to upcoming changes in the law and regulations relating to financial services providers in Europe and how we provide services to our customers.
What changes have we made?
Some of the substantive changes to the terms and conditions are as follows:
1) Account Information Service Providers (third party providers)
You will be able to allow authorised account information services providers to access your account and make payments on your behalf. However, we reserve the right to choose how such third parties can access your account and not to allow access if we do not believe they have the appropriate consent.
2) Viewing your Transaction History
- We understand our customers want to have easy access to their transaction history and it is also important for the security of your account that you regularly check your transaction history. Therefore, going forward we will send an email each month to the email address registered to your Skrill Account reminding you to log in to your Skrill Account and view your transaction history. You will also have the ability to download/print a copy for your records.
- If your Skrill Account has been closed, you can request a copy of your transaction history for the 6 year period prior to its closure by contacting Skrill Customer Service and satisfying the necessary security and identification checks.
3) Non-serviced countries
There are certain countries where we do not provide any Skrill Services. To make it easier for you to determine if the Skrill Services are available in a particular country, we have added a ‘Non-Serviced Countries’ section to our website.
We have clarified how we apply exchange rates to your transactions.
5) Processing your personal information
We have clarified that by using the Skrill Services, you give us consent to process your personal information to the extent necessary to provide the services to you. You may withdraw this consent at any time by closing your Skrill Account. Please be aware that even if you take such steps, we will still process your personal information provided we have lawful grounds to do so, such as complying with applicable laws and regulations or if we provide other services to you. For more information on how we use your personal information, please view our Privacy Notice.
We seek to provide a high level of customer support via our Customer Service team and the Support facility on our website. In the unlikely event you wish to make a complaint, we will deal with your complaint quicker. A copy of our Complaints Policy is now available on our website for you to review.
7) Skrill VIP Customers
When making changes to the VIP terms and Conditions in future we will give you 2 months’ notice instead of 30 days, unless the change is in your favour in which case we may give you less notice.
What do you have to do?
Absolutely nothing. These changes will come into effect on 13 January 2018 and will automatically apply to the services we provide to you. If you do not agree to the changes, then you are of course free to close your Skrill Account prior to the effective date and the changes will not be applied to you.
The Skrill Team